Monday, December 9, 2013

im here in Houston Texas

 December 9, 2013
hey everyone soo im here in Houston Texas as im Sure you know!!!

this week has been great!!! I love it here!! im really sad that I had to leave El Salvador and all the people that I grew to love!!! I feel like I left family down there with how our relationships were with some of the members!!! It was hard to leave!! I miss the simplicity of everything!! I feel out of place here having so much!!! having things like hot water carpet a clean house no bugs. down there we had so little and yet I was never more happy!! well maybe a few times can match it but yeah. haha here I drive around in a truck I have hot water and carpet! everything is clean and safe!!
I have some amazing experiences tho!! so basically everyone I talk to here is from El Salvador!!! we found this family this week who is from there and I talked to them a lot about that and then we taught them the gospel of jesus Christ!! cool thing is that after the lesson my comp elder case told me that it was so weird because he has never gotten into their house before!!!! because the mom is super catholic and didn't want anything to do with us!!! well they came to church yesterday... ALL of them and after church we asked them what they thought and they LOVED IT and they all told us that they were going to be coming everyweek from now on!!! Hna Ortega (the super catholic one) didn't want to leave!! she spend 30 minutes after church just talking to people!! haha ahhhhhh sooooo awesome!!! first family we have come to church here is Salvadorian!! =) the lord truly has a purpose!!! and truly is guiding us!!!

I know that im here for a purpose. I learned some great things in ES and im really sad that I had to leave but there are things I could not have learned there that I needed to learn obviously!!! I feel sooo happy still!!! i love WORKING in the mission!!! its not so much where you serve but how you serve in the place your serving!!!

i want to share one last experience that was really scary!! when i was in the hospital i almost died (im saying this because im fine now). i had a platelet level of 43,000 and a white blood cell count that was super low like 2% i think, i was thinking about how if i died i would miss doing all these things and i was really worried about that and kind angry!! i was thinking about it and i remembered about what we had been teaching everyone, about how this life is the time to prepare to meet god! and i was thinking about that and about how everyone says that if you die in the mission you go to the celestial kingdom. and i thought. if i died... wouldn't that be completing my purpose? this life is such a small part of the big picture and sometimes we get soo caught up in the things that don't matter. i realized that all of the things that i was worried about really didn't matter because that's not why im here!!! we all need to have an eternal perspective and realize that "things" in this life really don't matter!! the only thing we are going to take with us is our families and our knowledge!!! that's it!! so while i was laying there in the hospital i decided to accept god will and if it was his will that i continued my mission in another world then i would accept it!! i know that the lord has a plan for me!!! i know that im here for a purpose and that all i have in really a blessing from the lord!! he knows i don't need anything but my family... now i know that too!! im soo grateful for my family and for the love they have always showed me!!! im soo grateful im still working in THIS world!!

i love you all and thank you for all your prayers!!!
love you soo much!!!
-Elder Dennis
this is mauricio the guy that was a drunk on the side of the road!! when we left he hadnt been drinking and smelled lie soap!!!!!!!!!=) he had a date to be baptised dec 25 so!!! so excited for him

No comments:

Post a Comment